A clean, fresh and hygienic environment is not just beneficial, it’s also essential. It’s a necessity whether the setting is an office, an apartment complex, a school, anywhere.
Finding the right cleaning service to meet your needs can be a headache, to say the least. With an overwhelming amount of possible choices it can quickly become a daunting task, and if you make the wrong choice and work with a negligent company, it becomes equally as frustrating and stressful.
Things can go from good to bad, and sometimes from bad to ugly. As much as we’d like to, we can’t always escape the occasional horror story about people who are left much worse off by using a cleaning service they had originally trusted in.
For example, this recent story from the USA is enough to put anyone off getting a cleaner for life. When things get to this level of ugly, it’s most often because the ‘company’ simply doesn’t care and has no idea how to conduct themselves professionally.
It’s a shame to see such things happening, especially when there are so many great companies out there. There is hope though, there are ways you can prevent this happening to you. And it’s easy too.
So, what are the steps you should take? What are the signs you should be looking for?
A bad cleaning company can look like many things, there are many different signs which will make it clear that they are in the ‘steer clear’ category. Here are some examples:
- Poor customer service and communication
- Disorganised or late
- Incomplete/missed off tasks
- No quality management system
- Unclear services and pricing lists
A good cleaning company is built by design, it never happens by accident. As with any provider you use, you should expect the highest standard of quality and a service that’s consistent and reliable.
While companies such as these may be hard to discern from the rest, they are available and affordable to you – it’s just a matter of finding them! Here are some tips to help your search:
- Do background research beforehand and find a company with a reliability guarantee. Read reviews, if you find there are recurring themes in relation to any of the issues mentioned above then steer clear.
- It’s always a good sign when a cleaning company employs all its staff – no outsourcing or ‘independent workers’.
- A poor or lack of communication – such as email only – is always a red flag. The best companies who will really give you value for money are the ones that always want to meet you face-to-face and assess the premises to be cleaned beforehand.
We hope that helps! If you’re wondering where to start then don’t worry, you’re already in the right place. Take a look round our website to learn more about the services we offer.
If you think we’re the right match for you, then don’t hesitate to get in touch with our fantastic office team who’ll be more than happy to answer any questions!
In upcoming blogs, we’ll talk in more detail about each of the common challenges and problems that occur between cleaning companies and their clients. Follow us on social media to make sure you don’t miss out!